An Adjunct Faculty in Nursing is responsible for:1.
Based on master syllabus, design and teach assigned class session(s), leveraging digital content and multi-media resources in the classroom. 2.
Assess student engagement/understanding during each class session and throughout the semester3.
Collect, grade, and report assignments and homework4.
Maintain and update the syllabus and course materials and make sure they are available through the College's Learning Management System5.
Advise learners in ways to help them meet their educational goals6.
Use a variety of strategies to assess and evaluate learning.7.
Provide timely, thoughtful and constructive feedback to learnersEmployees in this classification receive supervision from the Associate Dean of Nursing.
Required Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Position Specific Requirement
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Two years of clinical experience obtained within the 3 5 years in the areas of Medical-Surgical, Obstetric, Pediatric and Psychiatric nursing
- Experience in multicultural environments
- Current RN Licensure in the state of MD
- Current CPR certification [American Heart Association]
- Annual PPD [tuberculin] testing
- Full background investigation
- Physical examinations and immunizations
Preferred Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
To apply please click here!
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Two years of teaching experience