|Apply Show Printable Job|
Food Service Worker (Part-Time) - Continuous
Food Service Worker (Part-Time) - Continuous
Salary: $15.88 - $19.52 Hourly
Location: Reedley College, CA
Job Type: $ATS$JobTypeJobType
Division: RC Administrative Services
Job Number: 2021CONTFSW
Under general supervision, sets up counters, lines and food wells with appropriate food items and supplies; dishes and serves food items; assembles and prepares pre-processed menu items; operates cash register; stocks and restocks food items as needed during service; and performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Dishes and serves food items to students, staff and other customers.
- Sets up serving line, counters and food wells with appropriate food items and supplies; restocks as needed.
- Receives payment for purchases; operates cash register.
- Assembles and prepares menu items including salads, sandwiches and condiments and prepares pre-made and frozen items such as pizza, cookies, rolls and other items in accordance with nutrition, sanitation and food safety standards.
- Maintains work areas in a sanitary and safe manner; cleans food preparation and serving work areas, counters, storage areas, preparation and serving equipment, and washes trays, plates, utensils, pots, pans and serving equipment.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of historically minoritized groups and participates in professional development activities to increase cultural competency to enhance equity-minded practices within the District.
- Maintains a variety of logs and records regarding food inventory and food safety.
- Assists in the delivery, setup, serving and cleanup related to food service at catering functions.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Employment Standards / Minimum Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Standard practices of sanitation and food safety as they relate to institutional food preparation and service.
- Safe and proper operation of equipment used to prepare food in a commercial kitchen including slicers and mixers.
- Basic methods of quality food preparation.
- Proper food display and food storage techniques and procedures.
- Cleaning and sanitation methods and procedures related to food service operations.
- Basic recordkeeping.
- Practices and techniques of customer service.
- Point-of-sale systems and cash handling.
- Mathematics and measurements applicable to assigned responsibilities.
- Effectively apply proper sanitation and safety requirements associated with food preparation and serving and with associated equipment.
- Operate kitchen equipment and tools.
- Travel to a variety of locations on and off campus as needed for catering events.
- Effectively engage and support historically minoritized groups by addressing issues of equity and improving culturally responsive service-oriented practices.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Operate a computer, cash register and standard business software.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent and at least one year of responsible experience in food service in a commercial or institutional setting or catering; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
A valid California driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the District's vehicle insurance program.
ServSafe certification or California Food Handler Card is preferred.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk; sit; stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; use shop math; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; work under deadlines with constant interruptions; and interact with District staff, other organizations and the public.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee generally works in a commercial kitchen environment, and occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee works near moving mechanical parts, and is exposed to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
The employee may be required to travel to locations other than assigned work site and to adjust to work schedule changes and requirements to work overtime.
All SCCCD employees will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment. To learn more about this requirement, visit the Vaccine Mandate information page or go to scccd.edu."
To move forward in the selection process, you must complete an online application through our web site at http://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd. Please attach to your application a copy of your degree or transcripts (including when degree was awarded) or your application may be considered incomplete. Resumes may also be uploaded but cannot be used in lieu of a completed application.
ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE REVISIONS TO YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS.
When completing the application, please make sure you include ALL current and previous employment in the Work Experience section of the application and complete ALL fields, including the name and contact information for your supervisors. Experience that is included in the resume but not in the Work Experience section of the application may not be considered for the purpose of determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
All required documents must be submitted by the applicant. Personnel Commission staff will not upload your documents for you. The State Center Community College District does not accept letters of recommendation for classified positions. Please do not attempt to attach letters of recommendation to your application.
APPLICATION REVIEW AND ASSESSMENTS
The application review process includes an evaluation of training and experience based on given application information and answers to supplemental questionnaire. Only the most qualified applicants, who pass the minimum qualifications review, will be invited to the assessment process.
The assessment process will include an online competency assessment (100%). Passing score is 75% out of 100%. Candidates who are unsuccessful in an assessment will be eligible to retest after 90 calendar days.
TESTING WILL BE SCHEDULED ON AN AS NEEDED BASIS.
The assessment process / assessment date is subject to change as needs dictate. All communication regarding this process will be delivered via email to the address listed on your application.
Those applicants who pass the assessment will be placed on a Reedley College continuous eligibility list with ranks banded within range 1-3. The continuous eligibility list will be used to fill current vacancies in this classification at Reedley College ONLY for at least one year.
PASSING THE ASSESSMENTS AND BEING PLACED ON THE ELIGIBILITY LIST DO NOT GUARANTEE AN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT
Individuals with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must inform the State Center Community College District Personnel Commission Department in writing no later than the filing date stated on the announcement. Those applicants needing such accommodations should document this request including an explanation as to the type and extent of accommodation needed to participate in the selection process.
State Center Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of State Center Community College District to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, religion or similar factors as defined by law. We are a Title V employer.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd/jobs/3250454/food-service-worker-part-time-continuous
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
|Apply Show Printable Job|