This posting cannot receive an online application from your Community College Jobs Now account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
|More Jobs from Santa Monica CollegeShow Printable Job|
Associate Dean, Health Sciences
Associate Dean, Health Sciences
Classification Code (Part-Time):
To be filled out for part-time positions only
Under direction of the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Associate Dean, Health Sciences, administers programs and courses offered in the Health Sciences Department. The Associate Dean serves as a member of the Academic Affairs administrative team to provide leadership and support for the academic operations of the College.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as Director of the Nursing program.
- Assure compliance of each program with the rules and regulations of related licensing, accrediting, and/or regulatory agencies.
- Plan, supervise, and evaluate programs in concert with appropriate faculty.
- Oversee the recruitment, selection, admission, and progression of students in the programs.
- Direct and assist in the preparation and assignment of class schedules and teaching assignments that promote optimal benefit to the program.
- Monitor faculty load and assignments in Health Sciences; act as liaison to Human Resources and Payroll.
- Initiate, maintain, and renew articulation agreements with local California State Universities as well as other baccalaureate programs.
- Serve as liaison between the college and community health care agencies in planning and coordination of clinical facility use; initiate, maintain, and renew contractual agreements.
- Formulate and submit reports for national, regional and state licensing, accrediting, and/or regulatory agencies; maintain files and records in accordance.
- Oversee budgetary matters related to the operational needs of the department and its programs.
- Work on collaboration with faculty on annual and comprehensive program review reports.
- Represent District at local, state, or national meetings pertinent to specific assignment.
- Supervise classified staff members.
- Serve on faculty hiring and evaluation committees.
- Ensure compliance with district policies and collective bargaining agreements; participate in resolution of contractual issues as needed.
- Assist in grant applications and administration as needed.
- Collaborate with Student Affairs and Enrollment Development faculty and staff.
- Communicate effectively with administrators, faculty staff, students, and the public.
- Participate in participatory governance and administrative committees as assigned.
- Assume leadership for projects and perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Directly and indirectly supervise academic and classified employees in the Program.
- Participate in the selection, assignment, development, and evaluation of academic personnel assigned to the department, and recruit, select and assign adjunct faculty.
California Community Colleges
- Possession of a master's degree AND one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related the administrator's administrative assignment, or the equivalent.
- Must have evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the socio-economic, academic, culture and ethnic diversity within the community college student population, including students with physical and/or learning disabilities as these factors relate to differences in learning styles.*
*Applicant must meet the minimum qualifications of a faculty discipline at the college. To review the minimum qualifications see http://bit.ly/1XG74yP
California Board of Registered Nursing
- Master's degree or higher in nursing with course work in education or administration from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing education, or a bachelor's degree in nursing and a master's degree in health education or health science with course work in nursing and education or administration.
- Possess a current valid license to practice as a registered nurse in California.
- One year experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care.
- One year experience in a a degree awarding educational nursing program as a director or assistant director.
- Two years teaching experience in a degree awarding educational nursing program.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to effectively perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Evaluate and assess instructional methods.
- Comply with, and effectively interpret regulations and accreditation processes.
- Stay current with health profession issues and direction.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relations with others.
- Analyze, evaluate, and recommend innovative changes to existing programs.
- Work successfully in an atmosphere of collegial decision- making.
- Ability to direct and assist in curriculum development and ongoing systematic evaluation.
- 24 paid vacation days
- 12 paid ill days
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision care coverage for the employee and dependents
- $50,000 Life insurance for employee
- STRS (State Teachers Retirement System) or PERS (Public Employees Retirement System if pre-qualified)
The selection process shall include the following steps:
(a) A screening/evaluation committee will review application materials to determine minimum qualifications for the position are met;
(b) A pool of qualifying candidates will be invited to an initial interview with the selection committee at the Santa Monica Community College District's main campus or one of its satellite campuses;
(c) Upon completion of initial interview process, the selection committee will recommend candidates for final interview with the Superintendent/President who will recommend a candidate for appointment by the Board of Trustees.
Applicants will be notified by letter of their status as the committee progresses through the hiring process. Candidates who are selected for a final interview with the Superintendent/President should not expect official notification of the status of candidacy until the Board of Trustees has acted upon the Superintendent/President's recommendation.
All travel costs related to an initial interview will be borne by the candidate. Only ½ of the airfare cost to the Superintendent/President's interview will be borne by the college.
The Santa Monica Community College District reserves the right to contact the current or most recent employer of any candidate and to investigate past employment records.
The Santa Monica Community College District reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay filling the position indefinitely if it is deemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool.
Accommodation: Candidates with legally defined disabilities may request reasonable accommodation in the interview and the selection process by notifying the Office of Human Resources by the deadline date. Candidates may be required to supply documentation supporting the need for the accommodation when the request is made.
For Santa Monica Community College Campuses & Program Sites please go to the website below:
For Airport, Hotel and traveling information please go to the Santa Monica Convention and Visitor Bureau website below:
Conditions of Employment:
Appointment subject to verification of official transcripts, current or previous employment, tuberculosis and fingerprint clearance. Selected candidate must provide identification and work authorization.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Disclosure
The Santa Monica Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants for employment, as well as District employees, shall have full and equal access to employment opportunity. No person shall be subjected to unlawful discrimination in any program or activity of the District.
The District's Board Policy 3120 (EEO) may be accessed at: http://bit.ly/2fmNK9P.
The Santa Monica Community College District, in its desire to select outstanding faculty members from the largest possible pool of qualified applicants, recognizes the fact that candidates may attain expertise in a discipline through a variety of means. Certain combinations of education, experience and other accomplishments in the field may be judged by the District as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for this position. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications are encouraged to apply and provide appropriate documentation of their qualifications. For further details regarding equivalency criteria, please download the Equivalency Application Statement Form available at http://jobs.smc.edu.
All applications and materials must be received by the Closing Date
Required Applicant Documents:
Applicable Transcript 1 - Unofficial copies of all post-secondary educational transcript are required.
Number of reference letters required:
Optional Applicant Documents:
Applicable Transcript 2 - Unofficial copies of all post-secondary educational transcript are required.
Applicable Transcript 3 - Unofficial copies of all post-secondary educational transcript are required.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Candidates with legally-defined disabilities may request reasonable accommodation in the interview and the selection process by notifying the Office of Human Resources.
Include why you are interested in the position of Associate Dean, Health Sciences.
An email notification will be delivered to your reference provider once you have completed your application and attached the required documents (via the online process). The reference provider will then submit their confidential letter of reference via the online confidential portal.
Your application is not considered complete without the submission of the confidential letters of reference through the online system.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all application materials are received on or before the closing date.
$128,782 - $149,295
To apply please click here!
|More Jobs from Santa Monica CollegeShow Printable Job|