This posting cannot receive an online application from your Community College Jobs Now account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
|Show Printable Job|
Change is made here.
Here, a life is changed every day.
A possibility becomes a probability.
A dream becomes reality.
We invite you to join Valencia College’s Leadership Team as a Provost and help us strengthen our long legacy of expanding access, building pathways and creating optimal conditions for learning.
What if you brought your leadership talent and experience to this place where tens of thousands of students write another page in their success stories every day?
Just imagine how, together, we could improve the lives of nearly 70,000 students each year and take them from what is to what can be.
This is an unprecedented opportunity to join Valencia College’s Senior Leadership Team, as part of a new academic organizational model developed to meet the needs of our students and community.
Valencia’s new leadership model introduces five new Provost positions: A provost of career and professional programs will provide leadership for Valencia College’s career and professional programs, and four campus provosts will provide campus-based and collegewide leadership, emphasizing general education programs.
The Provosts will be integral members of the Senior Leadership Team whose focus is to attain the College’s vision, fulfill its mission and demonstrate its values, in service of the tens of thousands of students who trust us with their dreams and futures.
Valencia College is an open access, multi-campus community college serving Orange and Osceola counties in Central Florida. As the second largest state college in Florida, Valencia College offers a comprehensive range of programs, including two- and four-year degrees, as well as technical certificates, Accelerated Skills Training and continuing professional education programs.
At Valencia, we understand the importance of cultivating an environment that fosters collaboration, creativity and a true work/life balance. We’re not just any college. And you are just not any employee. You’re a leader passionate about improving the lives of our students, our team, our community and, ultimately, our world. Join our team!
Qualifications and Characteristics
Successful candidates will bring a genuine passion for our students, their learning and their success. They will exemplify and promote learning-centeredness, equity-minded practice and collaborative shared governance and will contribute to the advancement of equitable student access, completion, transfer and career credential attainment. They will prioritize these efforts and mindsets in their support of deans, faculty and staff and their engagement in the local community, representing the College as a community partner.
In addition, our new provosts will bring many of the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Experience leading a team, particularly earning and maintaining individuals’ trust, supporting individuals and their growth, and articulating and monitoring progress toward shared and individual goals.
- Progressive higher education leadership experience associated with college student access, completion, transfer and/or career (workforce) credential attainment.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with faculty on teaching and learning efforts.
- Demonstrated experience leading work from the problem identification stage to collaborative ideation to implementation and evaluation.
- Knowledge of and commitment to inclusive, equity-minded, culturally responsive, asset-based and/or justice-oriented practice.
- Knowledge of and commitment to learning and instructional practices that result in deep, lasting learning.
- Experience creating and/or leading initiatives and programs that have contributed to an inclusive, diverse and equity-minded working and learning environment.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission, vision and values of the community college and its role in the community, notably in the areas of access, transfer and workforce development.
- Terminal degree in field or equivalent based on a combination of education and experience.
- Teaching experience and demonstrated excellence in teaching, preferably at the college level.
Please click here to view a complete job description with detailed information on the qualifications and characteristics for this position.
Salary range: $140,000 - $168,000
The Provost Search Committee will begin reviewing applications in October 2021 and will continue working until a selection is made. To be considered for the positions, applications must be received no later than Monday, October 18, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
If you are interested in joining our team, we invite you to complete an online application on our career site at: https://valenciacollege.peopleadmin.com/postings/14704 and include the following materials:
- A letter of interest that describes the alignment of your knowledge, skills, abilities and qualifications to the job description and summarizes your approach to leadership, commitment to equity, and experience partnering with faculty to advance learning.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- The names and contact information for five professional references. Professional references will be contacted for finalist candidates only.
We are currently seeking new provosts to lead each of the five following areas:
- Career and Professional Programs
- Downtown and Winter Park Campuses and Transfer Initiatives
- East and Lake Nona Campuses
- Osceola and Poinciana Campuses
- West and Horizon West Campuses (Horizon West Campus coming soon)
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. Given the rich diversity of the students and communities we serve, we encourage individuals with underrepresented identities and those committed to advancing a more just society to apply.
You may review additional details about the search via https://valenciacollege.edu/employees/employment-at-valencia/provost if you have any questions or need additional information, please contact:
*Candidates are advised that Valencia College is a public institution of the State of Florida. The College’s records are subject to public inspection and disclosure under Florida’s Sunshine Law.
|Show Printable Job|