|Apply Show Printable Job|
Early Childhood Education Associate - Continuous
Early Childhood Education Associate - Continuous
Salary: $41,163.00 - $50,626.00 Annually
Location: Districtwide, CA
Job Type: Permanent
Division: DO Personnel Commission
Job Number: 2022CONTECEA
Under general supervision, assists in planning, implementing and evaluating a daily curriculum of developmentally appropriate activities for young children in a child development laboratory school; assists in supervising children, at all times ensuring their safety and well-being; models developmentally appropriate educational techniques for Early Childhood Education (ECE) students; and performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Supervises and directly interacts with children both inside and outside of the classroom, modelling developmentally appropriate educational techniques for ECE students; assists in developing and implementing curriculum and lesson plans; assists in developing and implementing developmentally and culturally appropriate activities and language experiences that meet the needs of children, families and staff; models for children maintaining primary language and culture while developing an understanding of new languages and cultures.
- Develops and implements conflict management and problem-solving strategies with children; assists children in identifying and verbalizing concerns and issues and helps them identify compromises and solutions to those issues.
- Assists with nutritional and food handling guidelines; utilizes appropriate food handling procedures; follows all safety precautions to avoid contamination or food spoilage and choking hazards.
- Assists children with hygiene procedures as necessary; follows universal health precautions; follows a written plan for dealing with blood or bodily fluid spills; ensures that student aides understand and follow plan procedures.
- Follows emergency procedures and provides first aid and CPR as required; assists with all fire and emergency drills.
- Maintains accepted standards of cleanliness and sanitation of all program facilities; assists in conducting inspections and reports replacement/repair needs; monitors outdoor play areas to ensure children cannot gain access to unsafe or unsupervised areas.
- Assists in the observation and documentation as well as the written assessment and evaluation of children's growth and development; assists in and may participate in biannual parent conferences.
- Maintains up-to-date records on children and/or families.
- Invites and encourages family participation in children's activities after providing any necessary guidance; provides information about community resources to parents and staff regarding health, social services, mental health, developmental and family support services.
- Follows procedures for child abuse reporting as mandated by law.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of historically minoritized groups and participates in professional development activities to increase cultural competency to enhance equity-minded practices within the District.
- Assists in observing and mentoring ECE practicum students.
- Notifies the Lab School Manager/Coordinators regarding needs for inventory replenishment of Lab School inventory of materials and supplies.
- Participate in staff meetings, conferences, workshops and training.
- Substitutes for absent staff members.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Employment Standards / Minimum Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Principles and practices of child growth and development including ages and stages of child development, developmental assessment processes and methods for implementing developmentally appropriate practices in a laboratory classroom.
- Current Desired Results (DRDP), Infant/Toddler Environmental Rating Scale (ITERS) and/or Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scale (ECERS).
- State of California Title 5 and Title 22 licensing requirements and associated compliance requirements.
- NAEYC accreditation standards.
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act and other District, state and federal laws, rules, regulations and policies governing student admissions and records.
- Health, safety and nutrition requirements of young children.
- Methods of observing, recording and evaluating both child and adult behavior.
- Health and safety regulations for child care.
- Principles and procedures of pediatric emergency first aid and CPR.
Skills and Abilities to:
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with children up to five years of age.
- Participates in developing and implementing developmentally appropriate, culturally sensitive and inclusive learning activities for young children.
- Maintain confidentiality of child/family conversations, records and reports.
- Effectively engage in interpersonal communications; negotiate and resolve conflicts.
- Administer first aid and/or CPR to children as needed.
- Effectively engage and support historically minoritized groups by addressing issues of equity and improving culturally responsive service-oriented practices.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Operate a computer and standard business software.
- Work confidentially and with discretion.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
An associate degree, preferably in child development, early childhood education or a closely related field that is consistent with the state Child Development Permit Matrix; and at least one year of experience in a licensed early childhood education setting; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
For centers that provide care for infants less than 24 months of age, additional units in infant/toddler development are required.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
A valid Teacher permit is required or proof of temporary permit.
Current pediatric CPR & First Aid certifications from the American Red Cross, American Heart Association or equivalent. Proof of successful completion of Preventative Health and Safety Training is required within 30 days of hire.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, sit (including on the floor and/or in child-sized chairs), crouch and occasionally run.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move children, equipment and child-sized furniture weighing up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Employees must be able to talk or hear in a manner to properly supervise children in a classroom and yard setting.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work with constant interruptions; and interact with District managers, staff, the public and others encountered in the course of work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees work in early childhood classroom and outdoor yard spaces with young children 24 months to five years old; exposure to bodily fluids and odors; potential exposure to childhood communicable diseases, hazardous chemicals, and stressful classroom situations, including, but not limited, to children crying, yelling, and screaming; contact with children, other staff and college students on a daily basis. The employee may be required to travel to locations other than assigned work site and to adjust to work schedule changes and requirements to work overtime.
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONTo move forward in the selection process, you must complete an online application through our web site at http://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd. Please attach to your application a copy of your transcripts (including when degree was awarded) or your application may be considered incomplete. Resumes may also be uploaded but cannot be used in lieu of a completed application.
ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE REVISIONS TO YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS.
When completing the application, please make sure you include ALL current and previous employment in the Work Experience section of the application and complete ALL fields, including the name and contact information for your supervisors. Experience that is included in the resume but not in the Work Experience section of the application may not be considered for the purpose of determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
All required documents must be submitted by the applicant. Personnel Commission staff will not upload your documents for you. The State Center Community College District does not accept letters of recommendation for classified positions. Please do not attempt to attach letters of recommendation to your application.
To begin the process to obtain the necessary permits, you may visit the following websites:
- Child Development Permit http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/CREDS/child-dev-permits.html
- Fresno County Department of Education for a temporary permit http://credentials.fcoe.org/
APPLICATION REVIEW AND ASSESSMENTS
The application review process includes an evaluation of training and experience based on given application information and answers to supplemental questionnaire. Only the most qualified applicants, who pass the minimum qualifications review, will be invited to the assessment process.
The assessment process will include an oral board and written prompt assessment (pass/fail). Passing score is 75% out of 100%. Candidates who are unsuccessful in an assessment will be eligible to retest after 90 calendar days.
TESTING WILL BE SCHEDULED ON AN AS NEEDED BASIS. The assessment process / assessment date is subject to change as needs dictate. All communication regarding this process will be delivered via email to the address listed on your application.
Those applicants who pass the assessment will be placed on a districtwide continuous eligibility list with ranks banded within range 1-3. The districtwide continuous eligibility list will be used to fill current vacancies in this classification for at least one year.
PASSING THE ASSESSMENTS AND BEING PLACED ON THE ELIGIBILITY LIST DO NOT GUARANTEE AN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT.
Individuals with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must inform the State Center Community College District Personnel Commission Department in writing no later than the filing date stated on the announcement. Those applicants needing such accommodations should document this request including an explanation as to the type and extent of accommodation needed to participate in the selection process.
State Center Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of State Center Community College District to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, religion or similar factors as defined by law. We are a Title V employer.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd/jobs/3617014/early-childhood-education-associate-continuous
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-4433330eb1f8db4b9b9e3356dff685cf
|Apply Show Printable Job|