|Apply Show Printable Job|
Payroll Technician STH
E = indicates essential duties of the position
- Prepares, distributes and maintains a variety of time reporting documents, including timesheets and overtime summary forms to ensure compliance with education and labor laws and regulations. (E)
- Reviews time sheets and records to assure accuracy and completeness; avoids duplication of hours charged and verifies proper authorizing signatures. (E)
- Inputs a variety of employee related data into HRS automated personnel/payroll system including accounting codes, changes in employee data, assignments, deductions and status, new hires and salary withholding information. (E)
- Receives and audits District time reports for classified or certificated employees; reviews, verifies and tabulates hours worked and audits for compliance with payroll rules and contract language. (E)
- Posts, arranges, and balances financial and payroll records; prepares and maintains payroll files, journals, ledgers, spreadsheets, accounts and other financial records; assists with revisions and adjustments of salary schedules including calculation and data in put; monitors and processes individual and unit advancements on the salary schedules. (E)
- Communicates with District administrators, staff, and faculty in person and on the phone; resolves payroll discrepancies and provides information concerning salaries, deductions, earned vacation and sick days and voluntary deductions. (E)
- Distributes pay warrants; computes and reconciles billings for payments from voluntary deductions. (E)
- Provides verifications of employment both oral and written. (E)
- Communicates with County offices and State agencies to clarify payroll procedures and exchange information. (E)
- Prepares a variety of payroll-related reports including sick leave and vacation reports, year-to-date tax earnings, deferred pay and sub report, payroll registers, employee payroll files and others as assigned. (E)
- Operates a computer system to input a variety of information related to payroll activities and functions including entering new employee information; learns and operates related software. (E)
- Maintains detailed permanent records on employees regarding accumulation and use of sick leave, vacation and other paid and unpaid leaves; posts and processes garnishments as assigned. (E)
- Prepares supplemental and payrolls and adjustments for employees that submit late time sheets and for other retroactive and/or irregular or non-recurring payments. (E)
- Operates a variety of office machines and equipment as assigned.
- Performs clerical duties such as typing, filing and answering telephones as needed.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
Principles, methods, procedures and terminology used in payroll processing work.
District payroll policies and procedures.
Automated Personnel/Payroll system.
Methods and practices of payroll recordkeeping.
Financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
Applicable sections of State Education Code, bargaining unit agreements and
other applicable laws.
Interpersonal skills demonstrating tact, patience and courtesy.
Telephone techniques and etiquette.
Operation of a computer.
Oral and written communication skills.
Perform a variety of Payroll/Accounting duties involving independent judgment and initiative.
Learn applicable sections of the current negotiated labor contracts, State Education Code and other applicable laws and regulations.
Compile, organize, tabulate and file data.
Maintain detailed records for a variety of classified, certificated or substitute personnel.
Prepare statistical and financial reports.
Add, subtract, multiply and divide quickly and accurately.
Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Type at an acceptable rate of speed.
Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Meet schedules and time lines.
Accurately complete work with numerous interruptions that occur while providing customer service to employees and outside agencies.
Work confidentially with discretion.
Operate a variety of office machines.
Work independently with minimal direction.
WORK DIRECTION, LEAD AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Not applicable no permanent full-time staff to supervise.
CONTACTS: Co-workers, other departmental staff, employees, student and hourly workers.
Requires the ability to exert some physical effort, such as walking, standing and light lifting
Dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs and body in the operation of office equipment.
Tasks require extended periods of time at a keyboard.
Normal office environment.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION It is the responsibility of each applicant to have all the requested documents submitted through NEOGOV by the deadline date in order to continue in the application process for this position.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS - PLEASE READ
- Each recruitment is conducted independent from others; therefore, interested parties need to submit separate complete application packages for each position they apply for.
- It is important the applicants submit ALL documents requested for the application package to be deemed complete and given consideration.
- This includes, but is not limited to, submitting transcripts for all college coursework or degrees when requested to do so within a job announcement.
- All out of the country transcripts must be evaluated prior to submitting them with applications.
- Any evaluation service member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES) http://www.naces.org/ is acceptable.
- If letters of recommendation are required, letters must be current within two years, signed and dated from individuals having knowledge of your professional experience.
- Typing certifications must be current within one year and must include name, date and net words per minute (NWP).
- For those disciplines with established Academic Senate's approved equivalency: complete the Supplemental Equivalence Request form (If applicant is applying based on an equivalency and is requesting review)
- Applicants may be subject to passing an examination (written/technical), as appropriate to the requirements of the position.
- Residency within a reasonable geographical area of the college may be necessary.
- Travel expenses for pre-employment interviews and employment processing will not be authorized.
If you have, any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the Human Resources Office.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Antelope Valley College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, or sexual orientation. Upon request, we will consider reasonable accommodations to permit individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment
Annual Security Report is provided by Antelope Valley College for prospective students and employees. A copy of this report is available at http://www.avc.edu/administration/police/
|Apply Show Printable Job|