|Apply Show Printable Job|
Developer and Instructor of Online Course for Criminal Justice
Cape Cod Community College is a place of personal discovery, enrichment, and professional development for those just beginning the quest and for those at many points along the path of higher education throughout life. It is a caring, comprehensive institution that belongs to the people it serves and responds to their individual and community needs. Students attending Cape Cod Community College are striving for personal excellence, and are finding it, day after day. Graduates of the College can be found in all levels of private business, the professions, and public service, and they excel at what they do.
For students seeking to lay a foundation for further study, there is no better place to begin than at Cape Cod Community College. In today's highly competitive market place, the well prepared transfer student is the most aggressively recruited person in higher education. For many Cape Cod Community College graduates, that Associate Degree opens the door to institutions that were just not an option after high school. And, when you consider the savings in the overall cost of a four-year degree at either a public or a private university, starting at Cape Cod Community College becomes an incredible bargain that blends quality with unmatched value.
The students' education is the first priority at Cape Cod Community College. As a learning-centered community, we value the contributions of a diverse population, welcome open inquiry, and promote mutual respect. The College offers a strong educational foundation of critical and creative thinking, communication competency, and a global, multicultural perspective that prepares students for life and work in the 21st century. Our liberal arts, sciences, and career programs provide educational pathways that serve the varied social, economic, and demographic characteristics of our community with a distinctive focus on sustainability. We honor our past, celebrate our present and imagine our future.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop Selected Issues in Criminal Justice (CRJ240) in an online format and/or deliver online instruction and assessment of student learning. Course to be delivered in the Spring semester, 2020 (January 21 - May 12, 2020).
- Master's degree in criminal justice, or a closely related field.
- Excellent writing skills.
- College-level teaching experience in criminal justice.
- Experience developing and using multimedia (audio, video, podcasts, etc.) to enhance student engagement in active and collaborative learning.
- Experience using evidence based best practices in online learning pedagogy (e.g., frequent communication, active learning practices) that supports student success in ubiquitous spaces.
- Experience teaching a diverse student body at a community college or similar environment.
- Enthusiasm for and interest in excellence for the delivery of online learning.
- Documentation of professional development in online course design and pedagogy through Quality Matters or equivalent program, or willingness to complete Quality Matters Online Professional Development modules prior to the development of the online course.
- Teaching Online: An Introduction to Online Delivery (TOL)
- Creating Presence in your Online Course Design
- Evaluating Your Course Design
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Professional development in teaching at the community college level.
- Expertise teaching the necessary content knowledge in Criminal Justice using a popular Learning Management System (i.e. Canvas, Moodle, Blackboard). Moodle training with respect to course organization and optimization will be provided as needed.
COMPENSATION: Compensation for developing this online course is $500/credit hour. Completion of the Quality Matters online professional development program earns an additional stipend of $250. Compensation for course delivery will be in accordance with the DCE/MCCC Contract (Memorandum of Agreement, Distance Education).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Immediate need; applications to be reviewed upon receipt.
Please visit our website at www.capecod.edu for information on Cape Cod Community College.
This appointment is subject to the FY2020 budget appropriations.
Appointment subject to SORI (Sex Offender Registry Information), publicly-accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information) and national background checks.
Cape Cod Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and College policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
**ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.**
Begin the online application process by going to the APPLY NOW link. During the process you will be given the opportunity to submit a cover letter, which should specifically address the minimum and preferred qualifications, and a resume. Failure to submit requested documents may result in disqualification. Please note that candidates invited to interview for the position will be asked to provide three current professional letters of reference and transcripts.
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Cape Cod Community College Careers Account to check your completed application.
To apply please click here!
|Apply Show Printable Job|