|Apply Show Printable Job|
BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR \u2013 HUMAN RESOURCES
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administers and maintains all employee benefit plans/programs for the College and ensures legal and regulatory compliance; plans/programs include healthcare insurance (medical, dental, vision), pension, supplemental annuities (403b), life insurance, FMLA, workers compensation and FSA.
- Conducts open enrollment meetings and New Hire Orientations; performs benefits enrollment and processing in a timely manner.
- Provides customer service support to employees and resolves problems; communicates plan changes and open enrollment information to individuals.
- Coordinates benefit fairs and vendor visits; develops communication tools to enhance understanding of the College's benefits package, EAP and employee discounts offered.
- Performs exit and retirement counseling interviews and processes termination of benefits; notifies State Health Benefits for medical plans and COBRA administration for dental and vision plans.
- Coordinates all leaves including FMLA and NJFLA; provides counsel to employees.
- Processes unemployment claims and represents College at fact findings and hearings.
- Documents, maintains and revises internal processes and administrative procedures for benefit plans/programs to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Assists with other HR functions such as recruitment, employee relations and performance management.
- Ensures timeliness and accuracy of required filings.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned by the Director of Human Resources or other designated management.
Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field required. Experience : (a) Minimum of three years of employee benefits administration experience. Experience with New Jersey State medical and pension plans a plus. Must have knowledge of benefit contract language, pertinent federal and state regulations, and filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefit programs, both adopted and pending. This includes ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, NJFLA, FLSA, ADA, SECTION 125, Workers Compensation, Medicare, COBRA, and Social Security and DOL requirements. Strong analytical skills and thorough knowledge of plan designs. Ability to understand, evaluate and make judgements on the proposals of new benefits. Knowledge of benefits contract language. Exhibits strong skills in Communication, Customer and Student Focus, Building Relationships and Planning. Flexible schedule is required and may include evenings and weekends as necessary
All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code HR-BENEFITS) curriculum vitae, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by November 25, 2019. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to email@example.com.
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace
To apply please click here!
|Apply Show Printable Job|