This posting cannot receive an online application from your Community College Jobs Now account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
|More Jobs from Wytheville Community CollegeShow Printable Job|
Coordinator, Online Learning/Instructional Tech
Coordinator of Online Learning and Instructional Technology
Wytheville Community College (WCC) located at the Crossroads to Southwest Virginia is currently accepting applications for a Coordinator of Online Learning and Instructional Technology. This is an administrative faculty appointment. The Coordinator reports to the Director of Technology.
Specific job duties may include but not be limited to the following:
- Provides leadership and management to WCC for Online Learning and Instructional Technology (OLIT) by ensuring a holistic approach to eLearning through a collaborative cross-college approach. Online Learning and Instructional Technology is comprised of three units: Instructional Design Development and Support, Systems Development and Integration, and Research and Assessment of Teaching and Learning in Electronic Environments;
- Works with academic divisions and departments to evaluate online learning opportunities and is responsible for college-wide online learning program planning, course development and delivery, eLearning systems development and integration, student and faculty support services, and course and program assessment;
- Ensures quality synchronous and asynchronous teaching and learning experiences and provides leadership in the development of new and scalable models of eLearning; recommends online learning policies; seeks resolutions of eLearning barriers and issues; prepares and effectively manages the OLIT budget; and ensures a team-based and participatory work environment to accomplish organizational goals and objectives;
- Helps lead the strategic planning efforts for eLearning, ensuring that these efforts are congruent with the college's strategic and student success plan;
- Helps maintain the continuous planning and improvement process for online learning at WCC; and
- Serves on college committees and represents WCC to internal and external audiences and at state, national, and international meetings.
Job Focus and Scope:
The administrative professional faculty position will organize, administer, design/develop, implement, and evaluate the online learning offerings among the various academic programs and departments. This individual will manage the daily operations of the online learning and instructional technology function at the college including support for faculty, staff, and students.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. The job requires long hours of sitting and using personal computers and other technology tools. One-day or overnight travel may be required. Frequent communication with faculty, students and staff. Regular communication with public and other Community College agencies.
Primary responsibilities for this position are to:
- Support teaching and learning at the college including online learning courses and on-and-off campus courses during the day, and evening, on weekdays and weekends.
- Establish and maintain student-focused instructional support to maintain and enhance classroom/lab teaching and learning environment conducive to student success.
- Support design and implementation of teaching methods and strategies which complement the instructional message of faculty at the college.
- Assist with handling general technology needs of the college to include information and audio / visual configuration and assistance.
- Serve as a constructive and participative member of the larger college community that yields world-class collaborative learning and student outcomes.
Other duties included in this position are listed below:
- Supervises administration of Canvas or for the college.
- Makes recommendations to the Director of Technology about standards, policies, and procedures applicable to online learning services.
- Works closely with college personnel to ensure timely delivery of exceptional customer service.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends instructional technology opportunities and determines the most efficient and effective means of course and content delivery.
- Responds to various requests for instructional technology assistance.
- Works with faculty to select, design, develop and implement quality learning activities, including providing development to faculty in the design, development and delivery of quality learning activities utilizing instructional technology.
- Develops and implements training opportunities for faculty.
- Administers departmental budget and works on budget proposals in coordination with appropriate college personnel.
- Conducts eLearning program management activities.
- Provides technical support for EAB Navigate and associated student success-oriented systems
- Ensures provision of support to students in use of various academic technologies including course management systems, e-mail, and student information systems.
- Demonstrates effective troubleshooting and logical analysis to identify and resolve technology issues. Provides technical expertise to other instructional technology areas.
- Develops and maintains appropriate teaching and learning materials, documentation and other electronic and print resources needed as related to instructional technology.
- Completes departmental and system required education and in-services. Accountable for achieving self-development goals.
- Functions and participates as part of the College community and serves on appropriate College Committees.
- Coordinates assessment and course evaluation for distance education services and course delivery.
- Identifies trends in online learning and initiates new courses and programs targeted for online education delivery.
- Recommends best delivery methods and works with faculty and staff to produce and deliver course materials.
- Coordinates and conducts faculty, adjunct, and student orientation relative to the online learning program and courses.
- Provides operational and technical support for Zoom online collaborative meetings to college personnel and students.
- Manages production and dissemination of faculty and student online learning materials.
- Identifies grant and external funding sources collaboratively with Grants Office at WCC.
- Promotes Wytheville Community College's Culture of Excellence and quality service through teamwork, respectful communication, maintenance of a professional environment, partnership with those we serve, and anticipation of patient/customer needs.
- Adheres to VCCS and College's policies and procedures.
- Fulfills such other functions and responsibilities as may be appropriate and desirable as a member of the leadership team at the college.
- Serves as Shared Services Distance Learning (SSDL) Liaison.
- Serves as a member of the QEP Committee and supports the college's QEP (WCC4Me) that focuses on improving student success in distance learning course.
- Serves as chairperson for the eLearning Committee.
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in instructional technology, communication, or a master's degree in a related field with demonstrated experience;
- Minimum of three years occupational experience in curriculum and course design with development and instruction in both on-line and traditional classrooms required;
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- Experience in the use of standard computer software, learning management systems, web-based authoring systems, graphics software, and multi-media applications.
- Knowledge of academic programs and college functional areas;
- Community College teaching experience;
- Proven ability to lead;
- Demonstrated skill in managing a budget;
- Experience with Peoplesoft, Canvas, Zoom, and EAB Navigate; and
- Experience with a Quality Enhancement Plan.
Interested persons are required to apply by using the on-line application process through the Virginia state-wide job listing at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com.
Applicants are also required to include a cover letter, current resume or CV, and an unofficial copy of college transcripts along with the application. Only complete application documentation will be considered; partial submissions will not be considered. Application documents will be received until the position is filled; however an initial review of the applicant pool will occur on January 14, 2020.
Persons with disabilities requiring assistance should contact 276 223 4700.
The individual selected will be subject to a criminal history/sex offender background check and e-verify for employment eligibility as a condition of employment.
Any questions regarding application document submission can be directed to HR@wcc.vccs.edu.
Wytheville Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, political affiliation, genetics, veteran status, or disability when the person is otherwise qualified in its educational programs and activities or employment. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Crystal Cregger, Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services, 215 Bland Hall, 1000 East Main Street, Wytheville VA 24382, 276-223-4762. For further information, see the list of OCR enforcement offices for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
|More Jobs from Wytheville Community CollegeShow Printable Job|